Investigations Specialists (2 positions)
New York City (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done.
Building & Sharing Knowledge
- Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas.
- Makes valuable practice contributions.
- Applies existing knowledge to work.
- Provides advice & Support to others.
- Participates in team-based activities.
- Embraces extra responsibility.
- Helps to build team morale and consensus.
- Builds strong client relationships.
- Focuses on client results and impacts.
- Anticipates evolving client needs.
- Manages conflict and stress.
Task Management Skills:
- Produces timely, quality outputs.
- Exercises sound judgment/analysis.
- Develops creative solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Provides constructive coaching and feedback.
- Acts as long-term mentor for others.
- Acts on personal development plan.
- Demonstrates ability to perform in accordance with relevant professional standards for administrative investigations.
- Demonstrates ability to use and apply the following technical process of aides, in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OAI services
- Microsoft office suite
- Investigations software and open source applications
- Database applications.
Required Skills and Experience
•Advanced university degree (Masters) in investigations, management, finance, law or related field, or a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years additional experience in conducting criminal and/or administrative investigations as an investigator (in addition to the 5 years of investigations experience required below).
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.