Supply Chain Assessor in Forest product sector, Latvia
Would you like to join a market leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide?
Preferred by Nature is currently seeking a Supply Chain Assessor in Forest product sector, Latvia
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our services and projects help organisations with their sustainability efforts, build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and support social wellbeing.
We are currently seeking a new team member for our office in Latvia. Whether you already have experience managing supply chains or are completely new to the position, we will provide full training and development to support you as you grow in this role. Through our detailed onboarding and professional training, we will ensure you are fully equipped with all the right tools to succeed.
As a Supply Chain Assessor in Forest product sector, your main tasks involve planning, conducting and administering supply chain audits for Wood processing and Forest enterprises according to the agreed plan.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and executing audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), Sustainable Biomass Programme (SBP), and others.
- Writing audit reports and presenting findings of the evaluations.
- Providing customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature.
- Supporting market development for Preferred by Nature in Latvia.
- Supporting other team members in coordination and administration of customer care.
- Providing technical support and expertise in environmental projects run by Preferred by Nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum BSc or higher education in the field of forest product sector, biology, geography, environmental management or related field.
- At least 1 year experience in forest product sector (timber, printing, paper industry, forestry) and related industries, environment management.
- Fluency in English and Latvian is a must.
- Knowledge of SBP and/or FSC/PEFC or ISO certification systems is an advantage.
- Knowledge of other foreign languages is an advantage.
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and together in a team.
- You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organise and manage your time and tasks independently, balance multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You have an analytical approach.
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: full-time position.
- Working location: office in Riga and/or home office outside Riga.
- Employment agreement with Latvian legal entity.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible.
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Health insurance.
How to apply?
Please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 3 January 2022 via the webform below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
E-mail: [email protected]