Consultancy - Methodologist/Training Specialist
Under the supervision of the International Development Law Organization (‘IDLO’) Country Manager and in close collaboration with Senior Legal Advisor, the Methodologist / Training Specialist will provide expert assistance to the reform of the State Service of Transport Safety of Ukraine (SSTS). More specifically, the Methodologist / Training Specialist shall assist with improving and designing new training programs for the SSTS inspectors, selecting trainers, and evaluating training effectiveness.
This assignment is full-time.
The State Service of Transport Safety of Ukraine (SSTS) is a central executive body responsible for ensuring the safety of passenger and freight transport and whose activities are directed and coordinated by the Ministry of Infrastructure (Ministry).
The Ministry recently initiated the reform of the SSTS. One of the reform goals is to introduce a transparent and open selection process for recruiting the SSTS personnel (inspectors). The new inspectors are expected to be professionals of high integrity.
The nationwide competition started on October 18, 2021. The second stage of the competition (computer-based testing), started on November 8. As the final stage of the competition, candidates will be interviewed by the selection committee.
Once new SSTS inspectors have been recruited, they will undergo a tailored training program. The Methodologist / Training Specialist will assist the trainers with designing new and improving the existing training program for SSTS inspectors and assess the effectiveness of the training.
Summary of functions:
The methodologist/training specialist will perform the following duties:
- Draft the training curriculum: define the objectives, and the educational format (online/offline/interactive), and the necessary training hours per discipline
- Draft the methodology and criteria for assessing trainees’ performance
- Participate in the selection process of trainers
- Prepare new and/or improve existing training material
- Schedule training programs and sequence
Specific tasks will include:
- Coordinating the training process
- Provide methodological support throughout the learning process
- Assess training efficiency and trainees’ performance
- Supervise the training process
- Issue recommendations for training program improvement
It is expected that the methodologist's work will result in a well-organized training process. More specifically:
- The training program addresses existing training needs
- High-quality trainers are selected
- The efficacy of the training program is assessed based on a clear and objective methodology
- Training material fully covers the scope and goals of the training
- Necessary improvements are developed and introduced to the training program/ curriculum
Methodologist / Training Specialist is expected to produce the following deliverables:
- Draft training curriculum
- Training schedule and sequence
- Training material
- Training evaluation methodology
- Training evaluation report
- Improvement recommendations
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and experience
- Higher education (preferably with a degree in teaching)
- Work experience of at least 3 years
- Proficiency in English will be seen as an advantage
Technical and behavioral competencies
- Basic knowledge of psychology
- Familiarity with interactive forms of teaching
- Experience in training design and assessment
- Advanced communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be offered a Single Engagement Agreement contract for a period of 3 months.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
The application deadline is December 12, 2021 (23:59 hrs Rome Time).