Corporate Accounting Intern – Finance Department
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO personnel.
IDLO provides all full-time interns with a monthly stipend of €600. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 5 days a week will not be considered.
A Finance Intern is sought for an interesting professional learning opportunity to contribute to the work of the Corporate Finance Unit with an immediate start. Under the supervision of the Financial Accountant and in collaboration with relevant colleagues, the intern will be asked to support the unit with the following duties:
- Assist in the review of payment requests and when complete prepare the payment package and initiate the invoice registration in the financial system Microsoft NAV;
- Assist with closing payment request, by clicking the box “payment executed by finance”, once payment has been executed;
- Assist in creating resource codes in the financial system;
- Assist with reviewing the fixed assets entries posted in the financial system;
- Assist with updating the Finance SharePoint page;
- Assist with the preparation of documents for audit;
- Other similar duties as assigned by Supervisor
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Undergraduate degree or post-graduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Analytical skills
- Data mapping skills
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a small team, and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.