Software Developer, HQ BiH, L7
Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of Data Systems and Data Coordination and reporting to the Head of Database Software Development Unit, the Software Developer's main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain in-house software solutions by complying with SOP, project plans and industry standards
- Create user manuals for iDMS applications
- Research new technologies and potential improvements of front-end/back-end components of ICMP applications
- Develop data and security protection strategies on application level
- Create custom reports which are not included in ICMP applications as requested by ICMP’s management or users
- Establish communication channels with users and professional experts in order to collect information required for development of new applications
- Write code documentation
- Review test results and fixing technical problems
- Contribute to technical design and progress meetings
- Other related duties as assigned.