EU Support Officer (IPT-EU-MS-2020-143-LD)
Company DescriptionAt CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you able to perform administrative, organizational, and operational assignments? Can you prepare various kinds of documents, and process research-related information and financial data? CERN is looking for an EU Support Officer to provide outstanding EU management support. Take part!
The EU Support Office of CERN is looking for a dynamic professional with experience in EU projects management, administration, proposal preparation, and financial and technical follow-up.
The EU Support Office oversees the participation of CERN in the EU Programmes for research and innovation, and takes part in the preparation and implementation of EU projects, carried out at CERN.
As EU Support Officer, you will join the Project Management and Operational Support Section of the EU Support Group of CERN, and you will contribute to the administrative and financial management of EU projects.
- Support CERN EU projects at the proposal and implementation stages, which includes putting together EU proposals, coordinating the proposal preparation processes, the Grant Agreement preparation, contract amendments, as well as the implementation of EU projects coordinated by CERN;
- Prepare project budgets at the proposal stage and then follow-up the resource utilisation of the participants in ongoing projects;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports to the European Commission, including assembling the technical reports and the financial overview of the project;
- Collaborate and liaise at operational level with external and internal stakeholders during the different stages of the project lifetime on aspects related to the proposal preparation, administration and use of resources in these projects;
- Provide operational advice to teams at CERN that are preparing EU project proposals;
- Design, implement and maintain project websites and other collaborative tools related to project management and implementation;
- Organise events, prepare documentation, presentations and minutes of various meetings;
- Contribute to the content and writing of articles for EU project newsletters;
- Provide support to the relations of CERN with EU institutions and EIROforum.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of international relations, European law, natural sciences, finance or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with European Commission funding mechanisms, rules and requirements with focus on procedures, templates and guidelines of the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation;
- Experience with the preparation of proposals for Horizon 2020 projects;
- Demonstrated experience with managing EU-funded research and innovation projects, including administrative and financial follow-up, and periodic reporting preparation;
- Experience with financial databases and complex datasheets would be an asset.
- Knowledge of EU regulations: horizon 2020 procedures, templates and guidelines;
- Project management;
- Use of office software packages: professional knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Financial reporting and analysis.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; gaining trust and collaboration from others.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Fluent spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/or official communications and to make oral presentations.
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.01.2021 at 12:00 pm CET.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: IPT-EU-MS-2020-143-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Communications/Public Relations/External Relations Support Officer