UNWOMEN Programme Associate (FTA-GS6)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women's Morocco Office has established a program of activities aligned with Morocco and Algeria national priorities and covering five of the UN Women's strategic objectives at the global level:
1. Increase women's political leadership and participation in decisions that affect their lives;
2. Develop women's economic empowerment, especially those most excluded;
3. Preventing violence against women and girls and increasing their access to justice and other services
4. Increase women's leadership in peace, security and humanitarian action;
5. Introduce gender-sensitive planning and budgeting (GRB)
In this context, the supports the processes of progress in favor of women's rights mainly by strengthening the capacity of national institutions for institutionalizing gender and strengthening accountability in this area, advocacy for equality, facilitation of the exchange of experiences, knowledge and good practices in the promotion and protection of women's human rights.
The Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the MCO and UN Women HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in the formulation of Programme Strategies
- Support the development and drafting of the Office annual work plan
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of effective application of RBM tools.
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
2. Programme Management Support
- Support the Programme Team in the implementation of the control mechanisms for development projects through monitoring of budget preparation and modifications.
- Support the set-up of projects in Atlas, required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Support the Programme Team in the financial management of Programmes.
- Provide guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Provide necessary information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support the Programme team in the tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
3. Administrative and Financial Management Support to the Programme Unit
- Review of Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Ensure maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Take timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects registers of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Make budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Prepare cost sharing, and trust fund agreements, follow up on contributions within the MCO resource mobilization efforts.
- Assist in the preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas by elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
- Monitoring of financial commitments of the projects and delivery
4. Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt, and best practices related to programme management.
- Support synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Support organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Impact of Results :
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the Programme unit including logistical support;
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems;
- Creates, edits and presents information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client's perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly;
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education required.
- University degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages
- Experience in ATLAS an advantage.
- Fluency in English, French, and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Important applicant information
This post is subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Female apllicants are highly encouraged