Project Assistant, Good Governance for Gender Equality in Georgia (GG4GEG), United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Good Governance for Gender Equality in Georgia (GG4GEG) Programme Analyst (based in the UN Women Country Office in Tbilisi, Georgia) Project Assistant will support in planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions under the GG4GEG Programme. She/he will work in close collaboration with the programme and operations team in Georgia responsible parties and partners ensuring successful UN Women project implementation and achievement of planned results.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will carry out the following functions under the direct supervision of GG4GEG Programme Analyst:
- Assist in the preparation of reports, project documentation and submissions;
- Assist in monitoring of the project activities by reviewing project documentation and a variety of records, progress reports, budgets, and financial expenditures;
- Maintain accurate financial and personnel records of the project as required by UN Women Country Office;
- Document project activities and reports;
- Ensure the maintenance of a filing system, reports or other documentation on the project;
- Assist in coordination of the exchange of information among the project partners / responsible parties;
- Prepare and distribute invitation, agendas, various information, etc.;
- Draft correspondence of a routine nature, responses to inquiries ensuring correctness in terms of format, grammar, and spelling;
- Make arrangements for appointments and meetings, provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Facilitate travel arrangements: initiate travel authorization for approval, reserve flight schedules, coordinate with the Country Office Operations section for relevant travel advances and claims, seek appropriate visa and security clearances;
- Make arrangements for appointments and meetings, providing administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats of the project;
- Prepare payment requests, financial reports, budget planning, and financial expenditures as needed;
- Safe keeping and maintenance of the project / UN Women equipment and stocks;
- Support the project in the procurement process including preparation of RFPs, TORs, receipt of RFQs, bids for proposals and participate in the evaluation process;
- Support to the management of physical assets disposal/transfer; follow up on request and maintenance for disposal/transfer action and enter records in the asset control database ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate;
- Maintain an up-to-date list of inventory of the project and support annual physical verification by checking the accuracy of records and location of property;
- Provide administrative services: set up and maintain project files, collect project related information data, update plans, provide support to the quality review process, and support the organization of the Project Board meetings.
- Create requisitions in ATLAS for the project, register of good receipt in Atlas;
- Make budget checks for requisitions;
- Monitor implementation of outstanding balance of direct cash transfer to partners through ATLAS system;
- Undertake basic financial analysis (i.e. budget variance) to support project information needs;
- Prepare financial reports based on donor and project requirements and provide timely reports from ATLAS (such as PDRs).
- Providing overall management support and management of the project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Track the financial status of the project at all times and monitor the performance of contractors; prepare budgetary revisions in ATLAS to reflect any adjustments to the initial approved budget and to be finalized for the year(s) affected by the adjustment
- Act as an interpreter/translator on matters relating to WEESC activities from English, Russian and into Georgian language and vice versa when required;
- Assist in preparation of donor reports for the project;
- Assist in Operational Closure of the project;
- Assist with photocopying, scanning, and faxing (both Country Office and project-related activities);
- Maintain general office organization (office supplies, rent, communication and transportation issues, etc.);
- Undertake any other project assistance tasks as assigned;
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Proficiency in IT skills demonstrated;
- Knowledge and understanding of UNDP/UN WOMEN administrative procedures and functions will be an
- Familiarity with results-based management and human rights-based programming will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment demonstrated;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to approach work with energy, commitment and a positive, constructive attitude; Resourceful in finding solutions.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, or in similar disciplines;
Relevant work experience:
- Minimum 5 years of work experiences in project administrative work and/or logistics support;
- Experience in providing project support and/or coordination of activities with UN agencies, partner NGOs, or other donor or international organizations is required;
- Strong experience in preparation of project budgets;
- Knowledge of UN Women/UNDP procurement and financial rules and regulation is an additional advantage;
- Experience in preparation of presentations, meetings and administrative documentation for projects;
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, high proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and handling of web based management systems is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken Georgian and English
- Knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
The application consisting of P11 form, CV, and cover letter for the position of Administrative Assistant for United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Country Office on the level of SB3-Q1 must be in English, and submitted electronically through the website: http://jobs.undp.org/
P11 form can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.