Events Management Section
Organizational Support Services
The Organizational Support Services (OSS) are responsible for establishing and implementing policies, systems and procedures which facilitate smooth and efficient implementation of KAICIID strategy. The Services ensure that the Centre has the necessary managerial, logistical and administrative support, with the required financial, human and material resources to implement its activities and programmes. As part of the OSS, the Events Management Section is responsible for planning and coordinating KAICIID events, including travel and accommodation management, as well as for providing meetings support during the events. The events range from Governing Bodies meetings, to workshops, conferences, bilateral meetings, etc.
The role of the Events Assistant is to provide administrative support and to organize events, conferences, workshops and meetings. The Events Assistant reports to the Chief, Events Management Section.
- Manages, implements, coordinates and monitors different types of KAICIID Events;
- Ensures delivery of all logistical support and services, in accordance with KAICIID policies and procedures;
- Arranges travel and accommodation of participants by liaising with travel agencies, hotels and transportation companies;
- Prepares, in liaison with the project owner, procurement requisition forms related to the meetings services;
- Assists in invoicing process by following up with respective certifying officer, liaises with Budget and Finance Section as required and ensures appropriate filing of all documentation related to the Event kept by the Section;
- Backs up and replaces the other Events Assistant during his/her absence, including updating of Calendar of Events, managing Voucher programme and taking minutes of meetings:
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Events Management, Communications, Production, or a related field;
- Minimum of 6years’ event management experience, preferably in an international setting;
- Excellent time management and communication skills;
- Proficiency in usage of Microsoft Office tools and experience in electronic data processing, knowledge of and experience with events management databases a distinct advantage;
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural, multi-religious environment desirable;
- Excellent project management/coordinating skills;
- Commitment to highest ethical standards and human rights;
- KAICIID core values and core competencies;
- Willingness to support KAICIID initiatives (task teams, etc.);
- Willingness to learn about inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue;
- Willingness to engage in dialogue in interactions with stakeholders and colleagues.
Fluency (both speaking and writing) in English. Knowledge of German and Arabic (both speaking and writing) highly desirable.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
KAICIID offers fixed-term contracts of one year with a possibility of extension, depending on the continuing need for the position. Annual net salary for Grade 7 Step 1 is 39516 EUR. Appointments are normally made at Step 1. KAICIID salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
8 September 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a motivation letter. At this stage, please do not send any diplomas, publications or any other documents. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.