- Function title: Simulator Assistant
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-AST/112
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: General conditions of employment
- Grades for publication: AST3-4-5
- Type of post: Assistant (AST1-AST9)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting is required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/OPS/OSD/TP - OPS/OSD/Training & Proficiency
- Competition publication date: 12/06/2019
- Competition closing date: 10/07/2019 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Training and Proficiency service is a certified training provider operating under EU regulations. The service is responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining training for ATC students & ATCO's (internal and external). The Training and Proficiency service also provides for the support and competence in the realisation of ATM related projects at MUAC.
Your role will be to:
- collect, analyse, filter and collate all data required for the creation of simulation exercises in line with requirements (i.e. speed, altitude, etc.);
- test new or modified simulation exercises in collaboration with all parties involved (i.e. instructors, simulator pilots, etc.) and adapt them as necessary;
- act as focal point to provide training on the use of simulators to customers and staff and to supervise pilots;
- act as focal point for the smooth running of simulations exercises and ensure timely availability of platforms and production of supporting documentation;
- coordinate maintenance of simulator’s platforms with the engineering domain and report any technical issues;
- participate in projects which require development of simulation exercises with a view to making operational improvements;
- carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education in a relevant domain or secondary education giving access to post-secondary education with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- In addition, minimum of 3 years of working experience.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Experience with the development of airspace simulations.
- Experience in the use of airspace simulation platforms (i.e. data reparation, exercise design, etc.).
- Knowledge of ATC/ATM.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Planning and organising: organises workload and plans activities.
- Team work: participates as a team member.
- Analytical thinking: identifies critical relationships.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Quality focus: delivers quality work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have thorough knowledge of English (written/oral).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 7 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set above while still maintaining, if s/he is already in post, his/her previous employment appoint conditions (undetermined/permanent duration of appointment).
At the end of the published duration above, in accordance with the statutes, the assignment to this post can be either extended or the appointment is converted into an undetermined one or the staff member is transferred to another post corresponding to the type of post, grade and function group as held by the person at that time.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex X of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date for applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.
- Candidates should go to our Jobs website and read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.