Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies;
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages;
- Networks administration;
- Provision of web management services;
- Provision of administrative support;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT. Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in consultation with office management;
- Development and update of the ICT annual plan;
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Provision of advice on maintenance of equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies, making routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components;
- Supervision of the implementation of corporate UNDP systems;
- Development of new software for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc);
- Plan for ICT system and equipment preventative maintenance and execute the plan accordingly;
- Review ICT equipment and recommend for replacement, procurement and deployment according to UNDP corporate standards; Review and Prepare for obsolete equipment list and arrange for disposal as per ICT equipment dispossal policy;
- Prepare computer/ICT facilities for new staff members for the Country office, Sub offices and Project Offices;
- Share point administration;
- Support to projects on hardware, software and micro sites management.
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access;
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems;
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups;
- Timely LAN Infrastructure and Internet connectivity upgrade to meet UNDP requirements;
- Monitor LAN/WAN against prepared baseline and take necessary preventive and/or corrective measures for any unusual activities;
- Configure, install and maintain IT infrastructure and switch, router, firewalls;
- Train and guide IT Helpdesk staff and act as a second level technical escalation point. Submit an overall monthly report on IT Helpdesk incidents at the end of the month.
- Identification of the opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems);
- Maintenance of the CO & Global SharePoint site and intranet ensuring that the content is updated and meets the requirements of UNDP;
- Managing ATLAS/ARGUS profiling of staff as per the delegation of financial authority;
- Develop web-based tools/solutions for internal use as per the business needs.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids;
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Maintenance of the library of reference materials;
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Maintain and oversee Active Directory related issues;
- Evaluate, recommend and implement ITIL best practices wherever applicable to improve IT business processes; participate in discussions one new/revised procedures and practices; Interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions;
- Ensure data availability, integrity and continuity by taking backup, prepare for emergency preparedness and responses as per Business Continuity Plan;
- Maintain and oversee PABX and related services;
- Monitor network and Internet availability, performance of ISPs in the Country and Field Offices report at the end of each month to Operations Manager;
- Collect requirements from end users and convert them to IT solution;
- Manage ICT assets (purchase/replacement/disposal) and inventory management;
- Data archiving, backup and cleanup;
- Server maintenance;
- Helpdesk management.
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on ICT issues;
- Maintenance of staff training profiles;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Train and support users of technology and systems, such as audio/videoconferences, meetings, databases, registries, networks etc.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/Engineering/Applied Physics & Electronics or equivalent with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Windows based systems).
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) will be preferred.
- 4 years of working experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, IP telecommunications facilities, knowledge of database packages, experience in SharePoint Management, and electrification.
- Well prepared, analytical work; well managed projects, programmes and/or operations.
- Sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and to resolve operational problems.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision; to supervise and train support staff; and to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.